Northfield Area Fire and Rescue Services Joint Powers Board
The Northfield City Council approved a Joint Powers Agreement for fire protection and rescue services at their April 1, 2014 City Council meeting. The agreement establishes a joint fire department that will be called the Northfield Area Fire and Rescue Service (NAFRS).
Additional information can be found on the NAFRS website.
The NAFRS will be governed by an eight member board consisting of:
- Five Board members appointed by the Northfield City Council
- Two Board members appointed by Rural Fire
- One Board member appointed by the Dundas City Council
Board members will be appointed for three-year terms, with initial appointees serving staggered terms. Northfield’s representatives will serve as follows:
- One board member serving a one-year term
- Two members serving two-year terms
- Two members serving three-year terms
|Name||Area representing||Position||Term Expiration|
|Steve Bolduc||Northfield||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Glen Castore||Rural Fire District||Member||December 31, 2024|
|Todd Edwardson||Northfield||Member||December 31, 2022|
|Elisabeth Haase||Northfield||Member||December 31, 2024|
|Paul Liebenstein||Rural Fire District||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Brad Ness||Northfield||Member||December 31, 2022|
|Jami Reister||Northfield||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Glenn Switzer||Dundas||Member||December 31, 2023|
Ex-officio (non-voting) members
|Jerry Anderson||Rural Fire District Administrator|
|Brian Edwards||Northfield EMS|
|Mark Elliott||Northfield Police Chief|
|Gerry Franek||Northfield Fire Chief|
|Ben Martig||Northfield City Administrator|
|Jenelle Teppen||Dundas City Administrator|
Additional details, including powers and duties of the Board, can be found in the Joint Powers Agreement.
- Responded to 323 fire calls
- Responded to 270 rescue calls
- Received a new 2020 Gladiator Rescue Truck 8120 to replace the existing 1999 Rescue Truck. The entire truck was purchased with a Community Fundraising program.
- Received a new 2020 GMC Grass Rig truck 8113 replacing the 2011 Grass Rig.
- Had two members retire from the Department during the year.
- Taught fire prevention at the local elementary schools via a distributed video due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Participated in a limited number of community events due to the COVID- 19 Pandemic. Events participated in include:
- CAC Food Drive
- Christmas Sharing
You can apply to more than one.
Applications are also available at:
801 Washington Street
Northfield, MN 55057
Northfield Public Library
210 Washington Street
Northfield, MN 55057