Refuse / Recycling Collection

Northfield residents have a choice for the size of container that will best suit their disposal needs: 35, 65, or 95 gallons. Recycling bins are provided for setting out recycling materials curbside. To request a new container, change container size or obtain a recycling bin, contact the City of Northfield Finance Department.

Dick's Sanitation, Inc. has temporary containers for disposal of building, site cleanup and yard waste materials available for short-term use. Contact Dick's Sanitation, Inc. at 952-469-2239 or visit their website for more information.

 Curbside Recycling
The following materials are accepted for recycling curbside: aluminum cans, brown paper bags, glass bottles and jars, newspapers, catalogs, magazines, phone books, cardboard boxes, mixed-use paper, small-mouth plastic bottles and jugs, tin and steel cans. In addition, bulk paper products (cardboard boxes, magazines, mixed-use paper, etc.) can be dropped off at recycling containers located in the parking lots of Northfield’s major grocery stores, EconoFoods, and Cub Foods.

Additional Garbage Pickup
In the event that one week’s garbage does not fit into a 35-, 65-, or 95-gallon container, a pay-as-you-throw sticker can be used on other garbage containers (less than 33 gallons) or bags containing waste not to exceed 50 pounds. Stickers can be purchased at City Hall in the Finance Department, EconoFoods, or Cub Foods.