Climate Action Plan
The City of Northfield invites the community to review and provide feedback on the DRAFT Climate Action Plan. Climate Change Impacts is one of the six priorities in the City’s Strategic Plan.
- Climate Action Plan FAQs (March 2020)
- Northfield Sustainable Energy for All Energy Subcommittee Report (May 2019)
- Climate Action Plan (Adopted November 5, 2019)
- Climate Action Plan Appendices A-F (pdf)
- Climate Action Plan One-pager Draft (English) (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan One-pager Draft (Spanish) (PDF)
What is sustainability?
Sustainability is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It considers a larger approach to decision-making by determining ahead of time how policies and actions affect people, the environment and our economy.
The City of Northfield participates in the Green Step Cities program and is currently a Step 3 city. Many of the items in the city’s Climate Action Plan (in development) will be tied to Green Step Cities efforts.
Carrying out our Climate Action Plan will take support and action across the community. The Environmental Quality Commission (EQC) is providing oversight of the Climate Action Plan and helping to organize groups of volunteers interested in the topic areas of: Energy, Transportation, Land Use/Urban Forest, Materials & Waste, Food and Water. If you would like to be connected with volunteers working in this areas please fill out the form below and we will connect you.