Mayor's Youth Council
Meetings are held one or two times per month
Typically 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
Northfield High School
1400 Division St. S.
Northfield, MN 55057
Announcements of the meetings are placed on the city's website calendar; special meetings are occasionally called. It is desired that members make every attempt to be present at all meetings.
Agendas and minutes
|Emma Baragary||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Will Beaumaster||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Barry (Alejandra) Casper Sanchez||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Sam Folland||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Josie Hauck||Voting Member||2021-2002 school year|
|Rylie Lagar||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Isaac Leer||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Clara Lippert||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Savannah Mellies||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Paige Mier||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Nation Modtland-Hughes||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Patricia Owusu||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Anna Scheglowski||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Collin Thomas-Green||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Veronica Torres-Bermuda||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Grace Van Voorst||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Henry Vrtis||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
|Jessica Ylinen||Voting Member||2021-2022 school year|
For general information about the commission, please contact a staff liaison. Also, if you have questions or commission for the board, contact a staff liaison and they will assist.
|Meleah Follen||Staff liaison||507-664-3524|
The Mayor's Youth Council was formed in 2006. Comprised of 15 local youth, the Mayor's Youth Council seeks to assure youth input into civic affairs and works on initiatives to positively impact local young people.
The Mayor's Youth Council consists of local high school juniors and seniors, appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Youth Council members are selected to serve on two-year terms or until they graduate from high school. Members do not receive monetary compensation.
Questions? Email Northfield HCI
- Provided youth perspective on several issues that came in front of the City Council including the Climate Action Plan, Tobacco 21 and the update to the Highway 246 and Jefferson Parkway intersection
- Worked on bridging gaps amongst their peer groups and between youth and city leaders
- Attended all City Council meetings during the school year and reported back to the remainder of the group on what the City Council was working on and discussing
- Responsible for two youth programs
- Marnita’s Table is held on a quarterly basis and brings a deliberately varied group of youth together over a meal to discuss issues of importance to them, including diversity in our community, climate action and school stress. These gatherings encourage youth to listen to one another and appreciate varying perspectives
- Game Night happens every other month and provides a space for youth to spend a Friday evening with friends playing board and video games, culminating in a video game tournament and the crowning of a “Game Night Champion”
The mayor recommends applicants to the City Council each spring based on their interests and willingness to serve.